Weekendesk is the leader in e-commerce of short breaks and themed weekends (gastronomy, relaxation, adventure, etc.). Our packages are designed to suit the needs of our customers, such as offers less than two hours from home. Our motto: “Need a break? Take a weekend! "
Reporting to the Content Team Leader, you will join Weekendesk as a Translator Assistant interacting with Product, Marketing and Commercial departments.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Edition of content
- Editing, updating and writing/re-writing online content such as hotel and packages descriptions.
- Verification of the content, reviewing the language and style, ensuring the spelling is consistent.
- Uploading text and images to the website using a content management system.
- Reading through original content and rewriting it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is preserved.
- Providing other departments with grammatically correct, well-expressed translations on a deadline.
- Use of Translation software (Wordbee).
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to anticipate needs and deliver timely, relevant solutions and actions.
- Proactive and able to adapt in a rapidly changing environment and able to adjust with a “can-do” attitude.
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing between projects.
- Must be quality/detail-oriented, making sure that all aspects of their daily activities are handled with accuracy and minimal mistakes.
- Studies in translation, linguistics, or any other degree related to languages.
- Native level of Italian + proficient level in one of the following languages: Spanish, French or Dutch.
- English used in daily communication.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
- Intern position 4 - 6 months.
- Paid Internship 500€/net per month
- Monday – Friday, 9 am to 6 pm.
- Office in Barcelona.
- Daily interactions with other departments in both Barcelona and Paris headquarters.