Tired of the spring framework? You started to understand microservices and gone behind the SOLID principles? You know how to keep things simple and tested without old school dependency injection and abstraction layers?
You’ve tried or are using Quarkus? Helidon? Or another kind of modern micro framework?
Join us! Weekendesk is looking for his new monolith’s demolition worker!
You will join the tech & product team of 18 developers, 6 product managers and 3 UI/UX designers, spanning two locations: Paris and Barcelona.
Our objective is simple: step up our product!
As a lead developer, in collaboration with our CTO and VP of Engineering, you will:
- Lead and manage one of our core teams,
- Be part of our architecture committee,
- Work closely with our CTO to modernize Java developments,
- Rework first created microservices,
- Collaborate with our product managers to drive the development of new features.
Your team will be responsible of our core components, including:
- Our catalog,
- Our customers,
- The payment process.
Our current tech stack:
- Backend: Java, Spring, Node.js,
- Frontend: React & React Native and all well know ecosystem around,
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch,
- Infrastructure: AWS, K8S, RabbitMQ, Heroku,
- Tools: Jenkins, CircleCI, GitHub, etc.
We are looking for someone
- With 5+ years of experience in Java web technologies,
- Able to think beyond frameworks,
- Successful experience on microservices architecture,
- Proactive, a creative force, able to challenge our CTO and VP,
- “Open-source” and “Start-up” minded,
- Able to work remotely, and liking trips to Barcelona!
- Fluent in English.
Weekendesk is a company of 180 people, present online on 5 countries: Spain, France, Italy, Belgium and the Netherlands, with two office locations: Paris and Barcelona. You will learn many things about travel and e-commerce, you will be constantly challenged on a dynamic team, working on complex and motivating projects.
After months-long reflexions around microservices fitting our business, API management and infrastructure Weekendesk has started a real technical upgrade. Our motivation is to improve our business agility and innovation capacity.
More important: you will have fun at your workplace and meet people from many different nationalities.